The best in family dentistry starts with a dentist in Prince Albert who cares for oral health needs at each stage of life. From young kids to senior adults, patients receive thorough exams, professional cleanings and the restorative and cosmetic services necessary for best function, durability and aesthetics. Jerry Janzen DMD and Jenna Gogolinkski DMD, dentists in Prince Albert, work hard to provide that personalized care.
What Happens at a Dental Visit
Expect great care in a relaxing environment. A friendly team member welcomes each patient and takes time to explain your basic care and the most complex of procedures.
Dr. Janzen and Dr. Gogolinski value oral examinations and hygienic cleanings as the cornerstone of dental health. During each exam, the family dentists in Prince Albert:
- Inspect for tooth decay
- Assess the condition of restorations such as fillings, crowns, dental implants and fixed bridgework
- Measure gum pocket depth, checking for periodontal disease
- Look for signs of oral cancer
- Assess jaw joint function and bite
As part of this semi-annual check-up, a professional hygienist scales and polishes the teeth, removing sticky plaque and hard tartar on tooth surfaces and at the gum line. In case of gum disease, deep cleaning and root planing removes tartar and its harmful bacteria.
The family dentist builds treatment plans, detailing the needs of the whole mouth and incorporating the aesthetic goals of adult patients, too. Restorations include:
- Tooth-colored, metal-free fillings
- Crowns, bridges and dentures
- Dental implants and implant-supported dentures
- Tooth extractions
- Root canal therapy
Cosmetic dental treatments include:
- Composite resin bonding to fill cracks, chips and gaps
- Porcelain veneers and no-prep to cover heavy stains, fractures and shape irregularities
- Professional at-home teeth whitening for a brighter smile
- Orthodontics and Invisalign clear aligners for straight, healthy teeth
Visits for the Very Young
The American Academy of Pediatric Dentistry says children should see a family dentist as toddlers. The dentists encourage parents to bring their youngsters to the Prince Albert office by age 2 to meet the dentists and their helpers and to get used what goes on in the office. Cleanings and exams follow a bit later. The dentist assesses tooth and jaw development and alignment, looking for decay and gum problems. Kids, and adults, too, benefit from the anti-cavity protection of plastic sealants and fluoride treatments.
Visit Your Family Dentist
Dr. Janzen and Dr. Gogloinski and their team enjoy preventive dentistry visits with each patient. They work hard to deliver the right services at the right time for each stage of life. Whether a child, a teen, adult or senior, each patient receives superior dental care in a patient-centered environment which encourages questions and input from patients. Contact the office team today to set-up your routine check-ups.